CABALKAS' IN THE CONGO

Thanks for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you.

Friday, October 13, 2006

The Harsh Reality of Living in the Congo



Lest you forget that we don't live in paradise (I'm sure that's what you all have been thinkin' based on the beautiful stuff I've shown you on this blog) the 10-12 foot fence all around our complex helps bring us back to reality....NO, its not paradise....No, this place isn't perfect.....OBVIOUSLY we have huge security needs here where we live. These pictures will give you some idea of what our wall, and the razor wire that stands on top of our wall, looks like. You would not want to try and climb over it for sure! OUCH!

4 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger cabalka said...

if any of my walking buddies are looking at these pics, that's my new walking path!
gc

 
At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah that's one of the toughest parts about livin here, isn't it? i don't like the razor wire, or even the huge wall around my house which is free of razor wire. But i am thankful for it i guess we're a LOT better WITH IT! :-) I absolutely loved your costume today, mr. c! see ya!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger Curtis Nemetz said...

Steve you little wus. If I was there I would chalenge you to a race over that wall and I would dominate you... just like I'm going to dominate you in ping pong when you get back!

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve: Are you sure the wall is to keep people out or you in? I sure wish(Note I did not say pray)I could be there to keep you safe.We have been praying for you guys to be kept safe.Love Ken & Vickie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home