CABALKAS' IN THE CONGO

Thanks for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Driving in the City of Kinshasa....


I have been so fascinated with the city of Kinshasa and how it all works and functions and how the people are making it here. Many are poor and needing to ride to/from work crammed into the vans and cars that are used for taxi's....here are a couple of examples of public transportation. Also along the road you'll find just the right part for your car or maybe a wheel cover if you're missing yours. You'll also see plenty of carts carrying huge loads of all different types of things...here are some barrels that will be used for some purpose. They load those carts down and pull and push them (on foot) all over the city. These people work so hard!!!!

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much is a hub cap?
I'm missing one and I like the one second row from the left, second cap up!

:)

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Curtis Nemetz said...

I'm coming over and I'm going to start "Pimp My Ride Kinshasa style"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home