CABALKAS' IN THE CONGO

Thanks for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

TASOK...The Rainforest on our campus! Gotta Come See it!!


This is a huge rainforest tree that is on the TASOK campus. It is so beautiful and must be old....it's roots extend out into the road thru the campus and talk around here is that it needs to come down soon. I think if that happens I will become a tree-hugger and make them take me down if they take this amazing tree down. It is at least 130 feet tall. Congolese have told me that these trees were all over the city of Kinshasa years ago. They are very scarce now, maybe not out in the country but here in the city. You just gotta see how big and amazing this tree is! And come see the beautiful exotic birds that fly around this place....all the types of birds that are sold in pet stores that people really desire and enjoy. They're everywhere around here! You just gotta come and see!!


This is a little spider that the Superintendent, Dr. Rob Leveillee, showed me the other day. It's home is just off my soccer field...and its the biggest spider I've ever seen in my life. The body is about 3-4 inches....I would not want to meet this bad boy up close! If anybody knows what kind it is i'd appreciate you filling me in. You just gotta some see this guy too!

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger cabalka said...

we're waiting!!!

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure it is a french "tueur" spider....

:)
tg (how's your french?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home