CABALKAS' IN THE CONGO

Thanks for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Some Great Joe Cabalka Shots Here In Congo

These are some of the best shots of Joe so far in Congo.....I thought you all would like to see what he's been up to and gotten to experience. This shot is Joe watching the Congolese National Women's Soccer Team enter our TASOK facility to practice, and hold an inter-squad scrimmage. Joe and I were very impressed with the level of skill some of the women had. They definitely could run!

This second shot is Joe learning how to canoe in Kikongo. All of us tried our hand at it.....what you can't appreciate is the speed of the current moving downstream (from right to left). I hate to brag but my canoeing days in Minnesota's BWCA and my summer as a canoe guide in Maine (Maine Wilderness Canoe Basin) set me way apart from anyone of our party. Really, you know I hate to brag......but I totally dominated!




This last shot is when we were in Kikongo as well and we went deep into the bush and ended up at a waterfall. The kids found a clay-like substance that they all painted on each other and had a blast. I think they all went back to their tribal roots while they did it.......

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr. canoe man...you make me laugh!

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you were at maine wilderness canoe basin? me too I knew Tom quite well you have to tell him Doc is looking to hear from him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home