CABALKAS' IN THE CONGO

Thanks for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cabalka Preachin' at IPCK!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!


Two Sunday's ago I preached at our church service at the International Protestant Church of Kinshasa (IPCK). I was asked to fill in for our Pastor Walt Shepard who was in the middle of the Congo teaching at a conference for Pastors. I haven't any idea if it was a good sermon or not but I did manage to keep people awake!!!! Grace said I did 'real good' but heck, she's my wife and duh, what is she gonna say???? I don't know how Pastor's and Bible teacher's (like Grace) do it every week!!???!! It is hard work, and I know I got way more out of God's Word than the congregation did. But He promised us that His word will not come back to Him void and I know His Word was preached.....cuz' I preached it!

This is a picture of 3 of the 5 young men in my small group. They are Jonathan Niles (next to me), to his left is Matthew Lowery (he and his folks....Mike and Jill...are from Bakersfield) , and to Matt's left is Theo Shepard . They are great kids and I had them do a couple things in the service to help me out. They read the scriptures that I referred to in my sermon, they did a little skit to help illustrate a point, and they walked out with me and greeted the congregation with me at the end of the service. That's something that our Pastor does every week and I was sort of dreading. But with those guys next to me it was really fun greeting each person in attendance (like 200 people). The congregation is so cool because it has nations from all around the world represented. Looking out at the people that Sunday morning I got a little glimpse of what it might be like in heaven as people gather from every tribe and tongue around the throne of God honoring Jesus as Lord and Savior!!! It's very cool each week to be in that fellowship.

4 Comments:

At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Steve, boy do I know what you mean about not knowing how people like Grace teach every week! I spoke at Women's Bible study here at LBC and it was very hard and I got a lot out of it, but not sure how much the ladies got out of it. Keep being obedient! It's so great that you included your small group! You know what you're doing!
Love, Dana

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It WAS a great sermon, from the heart, and that's what counts. Plus you looked great too! You really should do it more often.
ysa

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

23 March 2007

Just heard about the fire at the refinery. Will it affect you.?

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Curtis Nemetz said...

WHat happened to those other pictures? Were you freaking people out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home