CABALKAS' IN THE CONGO

Thanks for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Keys........More Than You Can Imagine

Do they do KEYS here in the Congo or what????? They have a problem with keys here......actually its a problem with LOCKS.....they only manufacture one lock per key. I figured this out the first day I got here. In the States, one key may open up 3, 8, 20 different doors cuz they all have the same locking mechanism inside. BUT NOT HERE!!!!! No way! So I have on my key chain 10 keys that open up the most essential doors in my life.....my 2 house keys, my office key, the 2 locker rooms, 3 equipment rooms, 2 keys that open up the PE room...and that's just the beginning! I have a total of 28 keys (most are in a desk somewhere) that open doors all around campus...some doors I have never been thru. I hate carrying my keys....they are heavy and make my shorts sag....I guess the positive is I fit in better with the saggers on campus.....
The key issue isn't only my problem....its everyone's dilemma. This is a picture of my friend John Gorenflo and some of his keys. He and his family went to South Africa with us (I teach his 3 beautiful girls...Rachel, Sarah, and Christiana) and John has lots of keys. He is a really an important guy...he flies planes for MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship)....so you'd think, he needs lots of keys!! But Me........I am not that important. I shouldn't be responsible for so many keys and so many rooms to go into and out of. I'm only a PE teacher and coach......heck...hard to believe they even entrust 1 key to me.....just keep my office open....why not??? Daily its invaded by kids anyway who think its really their office! Maybe I should let them carry my keys.....why not, they're pants are already saggin'........

4 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how big do your pockets need to be? wow! that's a lot of keys....you might be an early candidate for a hip replacement after carrying so much extra "key weight".

glad to have you back on the blog...I was missing the updates!


love and prayers
tg

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should carry all those keys on your head, wrapped in a cloth so your pant won't sag.
Love,
Sun In Lagh

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Eva said...

hahaha you're too funny!

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think that's a lot of keys, you should see some of the key chains that people carry around for their houses!! That is one funny picture of Uncle John though!!!
HAHAHA!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home