CABALKAS' IN THE CONGO

Thanks for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you.

Monday, January 15, 2007

More Photos from Kinshasa


These are some more photos of common scenes from the Congo. The photo above is what the streets looked like before and just after the elections and when the results of the election was to be announced. The UN presence has subsided lately. They are still here but pretty much in the background of Congolese life. Lots of these pictures were taken off the BBC web site and simply posted here. I wish I could say that I took them but can't. The pictures of the trash unfortunately is all too common and troublesome. The government needs to somehow get a handle on this problem and the conditions of the roads. The Congolese are not deserving of these unsanitary conditions. They communicate clearly how things are here in Kinshasa and hopefully some things that need to change here.

6 Comments:

At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This place on the other side of the world is so different from our home here. Your words and pics tell it all. We're with you in the Congo thru thoughts and prayer...

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Curtis Nemetz said...

Hey it was great talking to you guys yesterday. I put some more pictures of Milo on the blog today for you. We miss you guys a ton.

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Guys,
Thanks for keeping us informed with your adventures. We miss you.

Jeff, Kym, Riley & Clancy

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

Salut Steve,
I know it is not easy for you to take pictures over there (trust me I rememeber)If there is any way you could take pictures of where I used to live for 11 years, I would truly appreciate it. Do you remember the address I gave you?

Genevieve

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Genevieve said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Kierstin Cabalka said...

...even the pictures barely do it justice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home