CABALKAS' IN THE CONGO

Thanks for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Coach C on campus at TASOK

If anyone is reading this...here is part of a recent email from Steve (Coach "C"). It is late and I am avoiding going to bed for the last time here on Turnagin Ct...very strange.
Anyway, here's Steve:
Classes are going great. I just passed a senior in the hallway who thanked me for being a great PE teacher......she had a PE class at the same time I had a class with my 8th graders...I took them all and exercised them and ran a fitness test (the Pacer test). The kids have been working hard and are challenged by the testing.
A little 4th grader came up to me today and said sadly "Coach C, I am moving home on Saturday"...he said "my mom is too scared something is going to happen to us and so we're moving home. Dad is staying here but we're going" I told him that that makes me sad and he said "me too, our home and our car are even bullet and bomb proof, but she is still scared. She thinks someone will come into the school campus and hurt everyone." He wants me to come see him....he was so cute....telling me about 8 times his address in some suburb of Dayton.

I can't wait till your here to make our place homey....I made a really cool headboard out of sliced bamboo...really neat looking but the smell may have been why I got sick....It has a real distinct smell so I am letting it 'air out' to see if the smell will go away before I put it back in again. Hopefully it will as it ages....

4 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grace, have a safe trip and post as soon as you can to let us know you are safe. We are thinking about you guys and missed you on monday night :)

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Grace, The Popes are reading.

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Grace! While Steve is looking forward to your arrival there, know that we will certainly be missing you here! Our prayers go with you and Steve and look forward of keeping in touch. We will be eagerly reading all the things that the Lord will be taking you through in the days ahead.
We love you and are praying for you!
Galen and Lita

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like some of the dependents are bailing when it gets scary. We lost half of our school one year, mostly American Military and Embassy personel. The missionaries stayed. I guess they felt they had more "protection". You guys are really making memories. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. Garry and Lois

 

Post a Comment

<< Home