CABALKAS' IN THE CONGO

Thanks for visiting our blog! We'd love to hear from you.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Email from Steve

here is some news from Steve. Please pray for him!Hey....its Tuesday Evening. I just got our computer set up with the total help from Mike. They are awesome and have been really special to me. Have had a great 2 days at school....love the small staff...a few really interesting staff members and lots of really cool people....you'll love them all as they all have an adventurous heart. Really impressed with Rob Leavelle (?) as a leader.

I was first bent a little because what my assignment was suppose to be has been pretty radically changed....I am teaching elementary PE - Middle School PE. Classes are twice a week for each class..different big time for me....and I am not coaching swimming. Golf will not be a sport but a once a week activity (if we can gain approval from the course). I am officially
coaching tennis and High school guys soccer. But that may change in the
future....that's kinds how it seems to work around here. We created seasons the other day (when certain sports will be played)....they have no set program from year to year. Kinda weird but whatever.....

Been downtown twice now.....yesterday with Rob to shop for some necessities and today for lunch/dinner with 5 other staff. We had a great time at a rest. Then to a store for a little shopping. Most everything is super expensive here....spent 150 on food and stuff....$47 for detergent...had I known I would never have gotten it....it was definitely a lesson for me.....milk is like $3 for one of those cartons that we got in Ro.

4 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading about your experiences and wonder how things look now after not being there for 30 plus years. I definitely know what you are going through with a change of assignment. Sounds like you are making the best of it. Teachers used to shop in the US Embassy commissary. that started soon after we left. Is that not available now? Sounds like it is not. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to Kinshasa....:-p! Yeah, sports was not too big unfortunately last year. It's cuz YOU WEREN'T HERE, MR. C!!!! So awesome what God does here and WHO HE BRINGS!! We all are jumpin up and down because you're here. And because your wife's coming too!!!
-that Crazy Evangeline Shepard girl again.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dad, I am just sitting here with Erin Bailey and reading about your new experiences. I am so excited about all that God has in store for you. I miss you a lot and still can't believe that you are in Africa right now!!! I can't wait to talk to you over Skype some time soon and will eagerly be waiting the time and day. I love you dad! -Joe

Steve, I am so excited to be able to learn more about the amazing ways God is going to use you and Grace in Africa. You have been such a blessing to us since we met you and I can only imagine how much you will bless those you meet in the Congo. I will be praying for you and checking often to hear about the sweet things God is doing in your life. Love you Steve! -erin

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger riverman said...

Hey buddy love the site and had a blast with you today at the river. You need to post that experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home